Due to the ongoing corona virus outbreak we respectfully ask that you do not attend the practice If you have a fever and/or new onset of cough or difficulty breathing AND in the 14 days before symptom onset, you have:
Been to a COVID-19 impacted area, OR
You have been in close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19, OR
You have been in close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who has been to a COVID-19 impacted area
Please schedule an appointment for when you are no longer symptomatic and/or outside the 14-day period.
We have also reviewed our cleaning and disinfecting procedures. While this is common practice, I am increasing the frequency. Here’s what we know about cleaning and disinfection for the Coronavirus:
Commonly used cleaners and disinfectants are effective against COVID-19
Frequently touched surfaces are most likely to be contaminated
With that in mind, we are regularly cleaning and disinfecting:
Treatment table & face cradle
Countertops, door knobs, handrails, light switches and toilet handle
Chairs in the waiting area
Additionally, if you would feel more comfortable bringing your own towels please do so.
The toilet will be fully stocked with soap and clean towels.
I regularly and thoroughly wash my hands and arms.
We have also removed magazines from the waiting area so you’re not tempted to pick one up!
Symptoms to look out for:
· Difficulty in breathing
· Fever (a temperature of 38 degrees C or higher)
· If you have any of these
· If it’s an emergency, call 999 and tell them which country you have returned from in the past 14 days
· If you’re unwell, but it’s not an emergency, call NHS 111 and tell them which country you have returned from in the past 14 days
While you wait for further advice:
· Avoid contact with others
· Stay at home – don’t go to work or school
· Don’t travel while sick
· Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing, throwing tissues in the bin
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water are no available).
Many thanks for your understanding and continued support.